We set up Pedalcover because we could not find a home insurance to cover all the things we love and felt frustrated at having to settle for a policy that only provided limited cover.
Very often home insurers will not cover high value bikes and will certainly not cover for when competing in time trials and triathlons.
But we are different and so to help our clients, we have researched other home insurance policies and have listed some of the things to look out for when searching for a home policy and to help you when comparing cover:
- Is there a limit to what they will pay for bikes away from home?
- Do you have to list all your bikes?
- Lots of insurers limit cover for theft of bikes from a garage or outbuilding. Be sure to check your policy as we found these range from £maximum cover for bikes from £2,500 to £5,000
- Is theft of bikes restricted from a vehicle?
- If you race in time trials or triathlons, check your policy doesn’t exclude racing? Typical wording may exclude racing, pacing, time trialling or even practising for them!
- Does your policy cover you for crash damage?
- What happens if you take your bike abroad? Lots of policies exclude cover when your bike is not in your control or custody meaning if the bike is on a plane and gets damaged it may not be covered. It also means you will not have transition cover.
- What is your policy excess?
With our unique home and bike insurance you don’t have to be concerned with the above.
In addition to covering your home for building and contents, we also provide:
- Cover for all of your bikes
- Full crash damage to your bikes worldwide
- Cover for when competing in time trials, triathlons, Enduro XC, sportives
- £2 million or £5 million public liability in the UK
- Cover for all your kit such as helmets, shoes, sunglasses, clothing from Castelli, Rapha, Pactimo etc
- Cover for all your accessories such as Garmin watches, phones, jewellery etc
- Cover if your bike or bike box are damaged on a plane
- Cover in transition
- New for old cover
We also provide family legal cover to help in the event of a claim and an excess protect policy, which can repay the excess deducted (please contact us for terms and conditions).
If you have any questions we are not a call centre but a team of passionate, enthusiastic and dedicated cyclists (and insurance experts!) who would be happy to discuss these with you. We understand what you need from a policy and what concerns you have, so please call us as we would love to tell you more about our policy.